How to live a low carb life
What are the benefits of lowering carbs?
- Good for long term weight loss
- Increases high-quality protein and good fats
- Decreasing blood sugar and increasing insulin sensitivity may also help to improve metabolic syndrome markers.
- You may lower your triglycerides, lower your LDL and increase your HDL.
- Calories from fat will keep us fuller for longer
- Eat your daily calorie requirement to avoid starvation
- Eating a variety of fruits and vegetables is key to blood sugar balance and digestion.
- Ensure you are drinking plenty of water, as hunger can mask dehydration
- Ensure adequate Vitamin D from the sun for good overall health
- Add fibers to your meal for better digestions
Some tips for making the switch
- Limit high sugar
- Limit gluten as it can cause micro-damage to our gut lining
- Protein should be in fist-sized portions
- Eating clean will help minimise toxin and hormone exposure from conventionally raised animals
- Remove or reduce milk from conventional US/EU cows as it contains A1 casein, which is inflammatory.
If you found the information above useful and are curious to learn more about nutrition and general health, get in touch with our specialists right away. Because we are the best nutritionists Poole has to offer, we can give all prospective clients insightful advice on their health and well-being. Please download our eBook, which provides more information and serves as your health reference. If you have any questions for our experts, please contact us using the form on our website, and we’ll respond straight away.